Friday, April 02, 2010

My Lovely Lady Lumps...

I don't really know how to write this blog. I didn't really know how to talk to God this morning about the content of this blog. I don't really know how to handle the news I got yesterday. It was hard, but God is better! So, all things aside, please be in prayer.

Many are the plans in the mind of a man,
but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.
Proverbs 19:21

It took me about 3 minutes after I walked out of the back of the doctor's office yesterday to process the news. My first thought, as selfish as it was, "Well that's definitely not how things are supposed to go." Then, I called my mom and cried. I drove a mile, fell into the arms of my favorite person, and we cried together. And then, we committed to a plan that we are going to trust God. And, as easy as that is to say, we will need your prayers on our behalf to stick to that plan. We are not anxious, but it would be quite the lie to say that things are not scary.

I went to the "big girl" doctor yesterday for an annual screening and to talk about some "marriage medicine". Well, the doctor found a lump in my right breast that she was a bit uncomfortable about and has referred me to the St. Francis Breast Cancer Center for an ultrasound in a little over a week. And the doctor says, that while it may not be malignant, a surgeon may still want to remove whatever the knot is. Cancer is scarier than surgery. Surgery is still very scary.

That's right, 6 weeks before I graduate college and 4 1/2 months before I get married, WHAM!!, a huge brick wall. Well, if God doesn't know how to shake a person up, then I don't know who does. Matt and I know and trust all the things we hold to. God is sovereign. He is in control of my health and my life. He loves us. He has quite the purpose for this "surprise". And while all of those things are comforting, I would be lying you and myself if I told you that I am not scared.

Please pray for me. Pray for us. Pray that we will respond appropriately to the things we will learn on Monday, the 12th. Please pray that we will shine the light of the Gospel to our nurses and doctors and anyone else that may be watching. Pray that the LORD will be glorified in all aspects of this ordeal. He is worthy. I know that I deserve death. The fact that He has granted me breath for 25+ years, that alone is worthy of my praise and gratitude. Thank you for your prayers, we will keep you posted. God will never not be good....

For I the Lord do not change; therefore you,
O children of Jacob, are not consumed.
Malachi 3:6

4 Comments:

At April 2, 2010 at 8:18:00 AM PDT, Blogger Abby said...

I will be praying for you! I can't imagine! I know that God's grace is sufficient and I will pray for the peace that only God can give to overwhelm you and Matt! Thanks for letting us in on this scary situation in your life!

 
At April 2, 2010 at 12:10:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, I know it's hard to believe anyone could know what you are going thru. I was not 25, but i was 31 when i had a VERY similar situation! I have never cried that much in my life! I KNOW it is scarey but can honestly say I have NEVER felt the peace of the Holy Spirit the way I did when I went to Brother Clark and he prayed with me about it. It's like the tears just dried up! And I KNEW whatever my outcome was that it would be OK. I pray that you can be blessed with that same peace that I felt. It's not to say I still wasnt nervous because I was until the minute I heard the GOOD news. Even then I wasnt totally convinced i was ok. The way the Pathology report read, it was as if it truely were a miracle. It looked like cancer and "felt" like cancer but wasn't.
I will be praying for you and Matt and you go thru this difficult time! Ms Deb

 
At April 2, 2010 at 7:20:00 PM PDT, Blogger Allison said...

Sarah, my heart is heavy for you but please know that I will be praying for you during this time. I do not know what you are feeling or experiencing, but I have several friends who do - please know that those of us who love you are here for you. I know we haven't talked in a while, but you hop into my mind every now and then. I am excited for you and Matt with your engagement and for your graduation. Don't let this take over those exciting life-changing events. God has an amazing story to tell through you and I can't wait to hear about it. Let me know how to pray for your specifically!!
Love you,
Allison

 
At April 12, 2010 at 7:23:00 PM PDT, Blogger Leslie said...

I'm praying for you, Sarah. Please let us know how today went!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home